Large native fern; long vibrant apple-green leaves with a snakeskin-like mosaic marking all over
Underplanting in tropical shade gardens, in the forks of trees, wall crevices and rock cracks; as a houseplant while young.
Plant in free draining soil in a shaded sheltered frost-free location. Mulch after planting to retain moisture and regulate soil temperatures as the young plant establishes.
- Keep moist during dry periods
- Reduce water in the winter.
- Ferns thrive in humid conditions and are happier to have wet leaves than wet roots.
- Apply a slow release fertiliser during spring and a half-strength diluted liquid fertiliser every 4-6 weeks during the warmer months.
- Re-pot container plants if they are outgrowing their pots.
- Protect from frost.
These are tubestock plants, healthy young plants with new roots that will establish quickly in your garden. The pot size is 80 mm x 42 mm wide.